- 21st March 2017
Quality bed linen is one of the main focal points in the bedrooms.
When considering factors that contribute to a relaxing sleep, linen is highly overlooked. Come to think of it; you are going to spend a third of your lifetime in bed so investing in quality bed linen would be an easy and quick way of improving the quality of your life and perhaps your partner’s. There is nothing quite like the sheer delight of slipping into fresh crispy laundered cotton bed sheets after a pre sleep warm shower or bath and can make a huge difference to getting a good night’s sleep. Good bedding is essential in providing insulation, warmth, and comfort.
It’s unlikely that most will not want to replace linen often, but it is recommended that you do. If this is the case, ensure that they are often washed, reusable for a longer period and that they are of high quality. Some of the questions you should ask yourself when shopping for good bed linen are: “Are they soft to touch?”, “Will they offer a good night sleep?” or “Will they make you want to climb into bed?”.
Cotton percale? Silk? Sateen? Name them! Oliver Desforges over the years has developed a top range collection of bed linen with a refined modeling and styling at affordable prices. It’s an amazing brand which offers Yves Delorme skills, design and quality. Olivier Desforges linen represents a contemporary French design with an incredible urban feel. The art of the beautiful prints combined with the sense of quality gives the brand its character and identity. Their linen is light, soft and has a breathable fabric allowing your mattress to support you.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Skimping on your sleeping surface or mattress can be harmful to your health considering at least a third of our lives are spent in bed or asleep. However, not everyone has the budget for modern, state-of-the-art mattresses. There are dozens of mattresses on the market currently. An uncomfortable, low-quality mattress has been linked to chronic pain, pain and sleep discomfort which can prevent quality sleep. Even though this is the case, mattresses can also improve sleep quality which is why you need to invest money and time into finding the right one for you.
Comfort and sleep quality are subjective which is why personal comfort is the biggest consideration to take when buying a mattress. Here is a guide on how to choose the right mattress for you.
- Your mattress should be replaced approximately every eight years. If you keep it any longer, the materials might start to degrade which will, in turn, make it less comfortable to sleep on. If you find yourself disgruntled all the time, sleeping poorly or waking up in pain every day consider upgrading your mattress.
- Replace the divan base spring when you replace your mattress. The compression of the springs with time will start to change the spring divan base structure due to the mattress having human bodies on top of it. Replace the divan base spring every 8 years or so to retain proper structure.
- Comfort should be your main priority as buying a mattress is all about which one is best for you. Some people like a soft mattress, other like medium-firm mattresses while others like firm mattresses. It’s all about personal preference; you have a better chance of sleeping well if you’re comfortable.
- Test sleep on a mattress in a normal sleep position for at least 20 minutes before settling for one.
- Find one that fits your body by evenly distributing pressure across the body and conforming to the spine’s natural curve. Lie on the mattress and ask a friend to observe whether your spine is in a fairly neutral position or otherwise to determine if it is good for your spine.
- A mattress with too much sag is not highly recommended for anyone with back pain; conduct the spine alignment test as described above to confirm this.
- Avoid vintage mattresses as they will likely have lost their proper structure.
- Find a bed that feels comfortable and doesn’t just look it.
- Read the mattress label to ensure the materials don’t consist of any allergens. A hypoallergenic mattress or mattress cover to be on the safe side.
- Choose a retailer with a good reputation, trained staff and the experience to find you the right mattress or bed.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Choosing the right pillow for you is a very important decision that one has to make. A majority of people use the hit and miss technique when buying pillows which involves buying as many pillows as possible until they find one they are comfortable with. However, this method can be very expensive not to mention it can lead to added tension and stress to your upper back and your neck.
Importance of having the right pillow
One of the major causes of neck and back problems is incorrect spinal posture and 1/3 of your life is spent in sleep which makes correct sleeping posture very important. Your joints and muscles will be affected if your pillow is the wrong height and in some cases, snoring and breathing problems can be caused by incorrect neck and head positioning. Incorrect sleeping posture can prevent you from having a good night’s sleep and also result in headaches and neck stiffness.
Qualities of a good pillow
A good pillow should be designed to support the neck and head in a neutral position of alignment with the rest of the spine. The required height of the pillow will depend on the position you sleep in which should either be on your back or your side depending on your spinal health.
Your pillow should provide continual support to your head and neck without the constant need to adjust your sleeping position to achieve comfort. There should be no space between the pillow and your neck.
A good pillow will provide your head and neck with support all through the night giving you a good night’s sleep.
Choosing the right pillow
Your pillow can affect how you go about your day and you wouldn’t even know it. It affects the way your neck and your spine align which could put more strain on or alleviate your back, induce headaches or affect how restful your sleep is overall.
For you to ascertain the best pillow for you will need to consider the position you sleep in for most of the night as well as the shape of your spine.
People who sleep on their stomachs do not require as much support for their heads when sleeping. The thinner the pillow is, the better seeing as it will keep the head from rising too much which will put a strain on the neck. Most of the time, stomach sleepers find comfort from placing a pillow under their stomachs to keep lower back pain at bay.
Such sleepers need a contoured pillow which offers firm support. It is healthy in some instances for side sleepers to place a pillow between their legs which allows the spine to remain aligned and leaves the back less strained from this sleeping position.
A flat, thin pillow is recommended for such sleepers as it supports the spine and the head. Wedge pillows are excellent for providing such support.
Did You Know? A pillow that’s been used for three years has dried the sweat and saliva and dried skin, as well as dead and live dust musts which are very powerful allergens and can also trigger and aggravate allergies.
Choosing the right pillow is just as important as choosing the right bed.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
If you're looking for a memory foam mattress, here is what you should consider: "Does it have an excellent comfort and support?", "Does it have a minimal movements transfer?", "Does it have the right foam density?" "Does it have enough air circulation?", "Is it durable?" and "Is it affordable?". However, in the case of affordability, it is more likely that the level of the mattress density will collate with the price. In this case, why not invest in a good quality mattress once and for all. It will serve you for a longer period rather than purchase one that is cheap which will require you to keep replacing it over and over and over. With all this to consider, it draws down to Octaspring which provides it all.
With Octaspring memory foam, these drawbacks are eliminated entirely. The honeycomb design of the mattresses contain springs made from memory foam which provides fantastic ventilation, and as a result, there is enough airflow which ensures you are not left feeling very hot and wet. They also provide excellent support and comfort. If you want a mattress that will guarantee a personalized support and one that will mold your body, you have to go for Octaspring memory foam.
Tempur is another type of foam which is known for making high-quality mattresses. These mattresses enable you to have a good night's sleep and ensures you wake up more refreshed. Temper mattresses can conform to your body shape and allow you to sleep in any position you like. These mattresses make you feel relaxed, and there is no time you will complain about back pains. Due to the ultimate comfort they provide, they are common in hospitals and nursing homes.
Tempur mattresses are available in three main designs: tempur original, tempur cloud and tempur sensation mattresses. Tempur Original provide the benefits of relieving pressure on your body during sleep especially if you are seeking relief of body aches. It is known for its firmer feel leaving you with a perfect sleep solution. Temper cloud mattress provides a balance of support and softness. Do you want a bed that your body can sink into? If yes, tempur cloud mattress is the perfect choice for you which will leave the ultimate feeling of relaxation. Is soft not yet soft enough for you? Then, Tempur Sensation mattress gives you exactly what you need. It combines the benefits of Tempur Cloud mattress and the feel of a spring mattress.
These memory foam mattresses are soft, resilient and more flexible. Having an understanding of the properties of memory foam mattresses will assist you to consider some important aspects when shopping for a good quality mattress.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Are you feeling depressed, constantly tired and delirious?? Better sleep might just be your solution. Interference with a good nap may be caused by so many surrounding factors, both personal and external. They can range from work pressures, family discourse, noisy environments and emotional struggles to illnesses. It is not easy to control all these factors but there are proven habits that can be followed to enhance better sleep patterns.
Reduce stress levels. Stress is the number one cause of sleep deprivation. Of course, this is easier said than done, but ensuring that you handle the struggles in your life one at a time has been shown to boost a better sleeping pattern. Start by managing a to-do list. This will help boost organization and task delegation. Laugh and enjoy life more to manage stress levels.
Make your room comfy. Comfort does not necessarily mean spending more money to enhance your sleeping area. It has very little to do with finances and includes tasks which are as small as tidying up the area. Ensure that the sleeping environment is quiet and less lit since most people find comfort in the darkness. Make sure you incorporate your preferences into this. Also, invest in good pillows and a mattress.
Set up a sleeping schedule. A sleeping schedule helps to ensure consistency in the sleeping pattern. It dwells on the ability of the human body to adapt to routines. This tip helps to ensure that the body is programmed to shut down and turn back on at the same time intervals every day. However, don’t force your brain to shut down as this will prove to be more agonizing and time wasting. If you lack sleep within the first half hour of going to bed then wake up and do some productive and energy consuming tasks which will be sure to leave you tired and ready for bed.
Reserve the sleeping area for its intended purpose. Since the human body is programmed to adaptations, this habit will make the body adapt to this tranquil environment just as it has to the working area. Ensure that work is not transferred to the bed. Reserve the bed solely for sleep and sex.
Avoid daytime naps. Don’t get me wrong, naps are essentially for better brain functioning. Limit power naps to 20-30mins. Long daytime naps interfere with the regular body sleeping habits and lead to insomnia and other sleeping and mental disorders. They also lead to disorganization, constant fatigue and lack of productivity during the day.
Take a hot bath before bed and ensure that you take deep breaths during the bath. Deep breaths have been shown to be essential to calming the body. They mimic the normal slowed human breathing that is experienced while sleeping. A hot bath helps to increase the body’s normal temperature which then drops after you leave the bath. This mimics the drop in body temperature during sleeping which speeds up the process of falling asleep.
Also invest in good pillows and a good bed.
All in all, ensure you work out a daily routine and stick to it.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Sleep disorders are conditions that prevent people from getting a restful night’s sleep and as a result of this, they can cause dysfunction and daytime sleepiness. There are relatively 80 different kinds of sleep disorders but the most important are Narcolepsy, Restless legs syndrome, Sleep apnea and Insomnia but we are going to look at the last two.
Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder in which the breathing is repeatedly and briefly interrupted during sleep with the word ‘apnea’ referring to the breathing pause that lasts 10 seconds at least. Obstructive sleep apnea occurs when there is a failure of the muscles in the back of the throat to keep the airway open despite any breathing efforts. The symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea may include trouble concentrating, gasping for air while sleeping, restlessness during sleep, fatigue, daytime sleepiness and snoring.
You are more likely to have sleep apnea if you are overweight.
Central sleep apnea occurs when the brain fails to control the breathing properly during sleep and it is more common than obstructive sleep apnea. It is known as central sleep apnea as it is related to the central nervous system function. Those with Central Sleep Apnea might have to gasp for air but most people report of recurrent awakenings during the night.
Sleep apnea can result in low blood oxygen levels and fragmented sleep. For people suffering from sleep apnea, the combination of oxygen starvation and disturbed sleep might lead to memory and mood problems, heart disease and hypertension. Sleep apnea also increases the chances for drowsy driving.
Insomnia is a sleep disorder in which someone has difficulty staying asleep or falling asleep. How do you know if you have insomnia?
- You have at least one daytime problem such as accidents while driving or at work, problems with concentration, mood, sleepiness or fatigue due to not sleeping well.
- You have un-refreshing sleep
- You wake up too early in the morning
- You wake up often during the night and you have trouble going back to sleep
- You have difficulty falling asleep
Insomnia varies in how often it occurs and how long it lasts. Insomnia can be associated psychiatric or medical conditions or it can occur by itself. Insomnia can be chronic i.e. last a long time or it can be acute i.e. short-term. It can also come and go when a person has no sleep problems with periods of time. Insomnia is categorized as chronic when someone has insomnia for at least 3 nights a week for a month or even longer. Acute insomnia or adjustment insomnia can go from one night to several weeks.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Most people don’t really consider the importance of having a good bed as opposed to other household furnishings. Investing in a good bed does not necessarily have to cost millions. It just needs you to focus on the minor details, such as a soft and firm mattress, and comfy beddings. A good bed has been proven to generally boost body functioning among other issues such as:
- It helps to reduce stress. A well rested night leads to better productivity, task management and delegation. A good bed increases sleep quality and reduces pain caused by nervousness, worrying, lack of productivity and racing thoughts.
- It boosts positive sleeping patterns. Sleeping patterns rely on the possibility of a good bed, seeing as to how it promotes faster sleeping which helps to program an efficient sleeping schedule. It will essentially help you to prevent forcible sleeping which is agonizing and time wasting.
- It prevents general body aches and pains, especially lower back and shoulder pain. Have you ever woken up to a stiff neck or back pain? A rugged mattress with rough and uncomfortable beddings might be the problem. If this is a frequently recurring problem then you first have to check your sleeping positions. If you are sure this is not the problem then a medium-firm mattress with warm and soft beddings should be incorporated into your budget. If you are one of those people who have to read a book as a form of relaxation before bed then an adjustable bed would fit you, for more comfort and prevention of aches and pains.
- A good bed helps to improve memory. Sleep is more connected to the mental performance of the body than you think. That is why insomnia and other sleep deprivation illnesses may lead to hallucinations and or other mental issues. Having a good bed creates comfort that supports quality sleep which, in turn, helps the neural system to work better and more efficiently.
- It helps to accelerate weight loss. This sounds like a lie but it has been proven to be true. Regular exercising depends on the body’s ability to be able to be well rested and relaxed. Adequate and quality sleep helps the body to be more relaxed and calm for further progressive and stimulating workouts. This, in turn, speeds up the loss of excess weight and improves muscle build up.
- It regulates the general body temperature at night, especially for those sharing beds. This might sound familiar: Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night to open the windows or take a cold shower or reduce clothing? Then your bed might just be the issue. Ensure that the beddings are not too heavy, depending on the climate of where you reside. Gauge the temperature of the surrounding and be well prepared for it. Night sweats caused by an uncomfortable bed disrupts the sleeping pattern and causes stress and grumpiness which is not good for normal body productivity.
Relieve your sleep deprivation issues by investing on a worthy bed that will prevent you from counting sheep ever again. I guarantee you will not regret this.Permalink
- 21st March 2017
Dust mites and bed bugs are organisms that are found in the home and can cause allergies and skin irritation. Dust mites and bed bugs are often confused for each other; same goes for the allergic reactions they cause.
Dust mites look like microscopic spiders that are barely visible to the naked eye. They are less than half a millimeter long, have eight legs and translucent bodies.
Bed bugs are parasitic bugs that are nocturnal, are a brown-reddish color, have flat bodies and have 6 legs. They do not fly or jump but they crawl across surfaces. They may be small but to the naked eye, they are visible. Signs that you may have bed bugs include red dots from where a bed bug has been crushed or small brown stain on your beddings.
Dust mites are particularly found in areas of the home that are used frequently such as kitchens and bedrooms. They live on dead skin cells shed from pets or humans and they love damp areas so they thrive in bedding and pillows which absorb moisture while you sleep. Lots of dead skin is left in your bedding so if you want to prevent dust mites ensure your covers are washed regularly, duvets and pillows are regularly replaced every few years and you use bedding protectors.
Bed bugs are typically found in the bedroom and survive in small crevices such as carpets, mattresses, wooden bed frames, headboards and in beddings. They are mostly active at night and they are attracted to the warmth and carbon dioxide you produce which makes them bite your exposed skin to feed on the blood. Bed bug infestations have the potential to spread very quickly seeing as the females produce hundreds of eggs.
Bed bugs and dust mites are not known to transmit any human diseases but both of them cause skin reactions. Dust mites may not bite but their secretions and faeces can cause several allergic reactions such as watery, red or itchy eyes, runny and sneezing nose, asthma and skin rashes or eczema. Bed bug bites mostly occur in lines or clusters and they tend to be red. They can be itchy and painful and at times they do not surface until up to 2 weeks after being bitten.
How to prevent bed bugs and dust mites
Dust mites are associated with dust, naturally, so vacuuming and cleaning your duvets regularly can help minimize them in your home. Bed bugs are, however, mostly associated with areas of high footfalls such as hostels or hotels and the chances of bed bugs occurring in a dirty home are very scarce. The best way to protect yourself from bed bugs and dust mites are pillow covers, mattress covers and dust covers seeing as they create a physical barrier between your skin and the organism which helps to prevent them from spreading.
You cannot wash a mattress so you should invest in the dust mites cover.Permalink
- 20th March 2017
Quality sleep can be hard to come by when back pain is a constant thorn in your side seeing as sleeping on the wrong mattress can worsen back pain or lead to it. An ergonomic mattress generally provides wholesome and healthy sleep by relaxing the muscles and encouraging a good sleeping posture. There is, however, no perfect mattress for everyone which is why it is advisable to choose a mattress that adjusts well to your natural sleeping posture.
If your mattress does not match your individual preferences, sleep comfort could end up being sacrificed. A mattress that offers back support and comfort helps to significantly reduce low back pain by allowing the spinal structures to really rejuvenate and rest during the night. Given the variety of mattresses currently on the market, it can be hard to choose the right one.
Here is how you can ascertain if a mattress is good for sleep comfort and back support:
- Any mattress that can help someone sleep without stiffness and pain is the best mattress for them. If you have low back pain, you should choose a mattress that meets your standards for support and comfort and allows you to get a good night’s sleep.
- The inner springs or coils of a mattress provide support for your spine and different mattresses vary in their arrangement and number of coils. The padding that is on top of the mattress comes in various thicknesses. Mattresses usually range anywhere from 7-18 inches in depth. Your individual preferences should determine your mattress choice in terms of mattress depth, type of padding and number of coils.
- A good mattress must offer support for the natural alignment and curves of the spine. In order to avoid muscle soreness in the morning the right back support by your mattress can be of great help. Even though there isn’t enough clinical data about mattresses, one study indicated that medium-firm mattresses typically offer more back pain relief as compared to firm mattresses.
- Your mattress should provide a balance between comfort and back support. Sufficient back support is equally as important as overall comfort while sleeping on the mattress. If you sleep on a mattress that is too firm this can result in aches and pains on your body’s pressure points. A medium-firm mattress might be more comfortable seeing as it allows the hips and the shoulders to sink in slightly. For patients who would like a firmer mattress to cater for extra back support, it would be advisable to get a mattress with thicker padding for added comfort.
- If you have an old mattress that is no longer comfortable or visibly sags in the middle, you might want to consider purchasing a new one.Permalink
- 20th March 2017
Cath Kidston is a brand that was established over 20 years ago from a humble beginning. This empire has grown exponentially since then. Simplicity has always been a primary aspect of the brand yet they manage to come up with amazing pieces. It deals with fabrics including bed linen that are traditional with vintage touches. The reason it is globally recognized is due to its vintage design in this modern age. The bed linen ranges from beautiful polka dots spots to florals and also stunning children designs. This design reveals a quality freshness and incredible inspiration to the buyers. These bed linen are offered at affordable prices and good quality.
These bed linen designs were continually inspired by the countryside scenery with a combination of an incredible range of colors, fabric, and prints. The linen is made from pure cotton created from percale fabric. Here are the specifications for these beddings: Machine wash at forty degrees Celsius, do not bleach, do not tumble dry the linen, iron them at cool temperatures and do not dry clean them.
The sheets are very soft and of light weight making them comfortable to sleep on them. More importantly, they are extremely durable and easy to clean. The elegant bedding is available in sheets, duvet covers, and pillow cases with sizes ranging from single to super king. Cath's bed linen leaves the bedroom looking elegant and luxurious, while the relatively quick drying and washing times make them very efficient to use.
The eye-catching English Rose Bouquet which has been in existence since 1993 has its print library expanding day by day. This bed linen brand has stayed loyal to the modern vintage style which launched the brand into the limelight. Bed linen made by Cath has all kinds of floral combinations, and other different designs including spots, stars, and hearts. Additionally, the designs are tuned to novelty fabric with popular prints such as Cowboy which have proved to incorporate more fun designs. The collections of patterns have also branched to designs showing animals, mode of transport and comic book cartoons.
Cath Kidston brand has grown from strength to strength. It has expanded beyond London. Other stores were opened in Bath, then others followed in many places throughout the UK including Brighton, York, Bristol, and Edinburgh.
The bed linen created has been the highest preference among the buyers due to its originality. In the recent years, it has become the unique international lifestyle in bed linen. This is due to the unflinching idea of blending the old and the new designs. Cathy's bed linen has spread to the majority of modern bedrooms leaving no stone unturned. Surprisingly, new, original and fun endeavors are still being realized up to today.Permalink